Thursday, January 24, 2008

If you think you'll laugh about it later...

...you might as well laugh now.

On Tuesday, I buckled baby 2.0 into her toddler seat in the bathroom while I took my shower, only to peek out about halfway through my ablutions to see her poopy hand headed for her mouth --- ICK!!!! I guess she'd managed to go spelunking in her diaper. So, I stripped her and pulled her into the shower with me to get clean. Kid 1.0 heard me hollering "no, no, no poop in the mouth", and brought me the wet wipes, but by then, we were done—it was a nice gesture though.

Then I had to clean up the seat and the floor, etc. Once that was done, I did have a brief moment of "I wonder if I should call the pediatrician?" I opted for the wait-and-see approach, instead of confessing my child might have eaten her own excrement. For the record, she seems to be fine :-)

Same morning, a little later on, we took kid 1.0 to her preschool class. We stopped in the bathroom to "try", and while kid 1.0 and I were washing our hands, baby 2.0 wandered under the counter and bumped her head on one of the large liquid soap bottles hanging down from the counter. The bottle fell off its fixture, dropped to the floor, and covered the tile and the baby in pink goo! After mopping up the baby (yet again), I took kid 1.0 into her class where I confessed our mishap to the teacher, and suggested she call maintenance -- "clean up on aisle five, please!"

Mama told me there'd be days like these!

1 comment:

lizard said...

Well do I remember the day you and MC were in your crib. I had put you there for a moment and when I returned one of you had pooped, and you were decorating crib and wall with the gunk. Ah, luckily your father was at home, and he cleaned up the mess. It was such a righteous gesture. Can you imagine you ever did such a thing?