As seems to be usual with holidays around here, V-Day has gone one for about a week. Our nanny, Mary P., helped kid 1.0 last week with art projects, signing Disney Princess Valentines for her school party, and hand-making others for a party today. The house is covered in red and pink construction paper hearts. We've got a cookie jar full of goodies from the various celebrations. It's good to be a kid.
(Thanks Connie, for a great party today.)
My hubby showered me with chocolates, cookies and a spa gift card—a wonderful indulgence. Thanks, honey! Hope you'll look after the kiddos soon so I can get my nails done!
Baby 2.0 went along with the fun in good humor, being ridiculously cute and baby oblivious to the nature of the celebrations.
I actually managed to get together a fantastic dinner for V-day, timing it so that we could all eat together (I hoped). But life is what happens when you are making other plans, and the kids were so tired, they couldn't make it until Daddy got home so we ate in shifts, as usual. Oh well.
But wait, there's more...
The Grass is Greener
A contemplation from this morning...my hair has always been board straight—fine in texture, thick in volume, and utterly unwavy. Shortly before I got pregnant with kid 1.0, I cut it very short. It was fun and easy to manage, and my increasingly "salty" color just looked like very expensive weaving. Now I am in the process of growing it out, and to my great surprise, it is wavy! At my last hair cut, my wonderful stylist suggested I buy a straightening iron, so I could have a "second look" ...HAH! me, with a straightening iron...this is something I never imagined. Of course, I went right out and bought one, along with a new curling iron to replace the one I still had from high school. So now, I can be a little curly (au natural), really curly (with the curling iron) or straight. So, I'm thinking this morning as I am straightening my hair, "I just don't know what to do with this!" If I had a dollar for every time I thought that as a kid when Farrah Fawcett feathering was in, and my hair was more like angel hair pasta than angel wings.
But wait, there's more...
Can I get an "Amen!"
Check out Sisters of a Different Order, and her post for today, Shut Up and Walk...
Reminds of a bumpersticker I saw years ago, which read "Do something radical, practice your religion"
Seems to me that if you are not doing something for your fellow humans from time to time (even if it's just writing a check to your favorite charity), you are racking up negative Karmic energy. And since most of the major religions of the world have a a charitable plank in their dogmatic platform, as do the secular humanists, you cannot make anyone mad by doing good works.
But wait, there's more...
Taxes in the digital age
E-filed last night, accepted by the IRS today, and DONE!
I love the digital age for this stuff. I sat down last night with my folder of 2007 stuff and my laptop, and 2 hours later, it was done, thanks to the good folks at Turbo Tax. I remember tax time in our house when I was a kid, and it seemed that the grown-ups could be a tad grumpy...or maybe that was all the April birthdays.
I guess there is no more; at least not tonight, but I attach some cute pictures for your viewing pleasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment