Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sometimes it's the easy stuff that gets ya

So, I found this post-it note on the door out to our garage today (and what did we do before post-its, by the way?).

For the record, the handwriting is Tom's. The note speaks for itself.

Since we last spoke, we had an absolutely fantastic trip to see my sister and her family. It was action packed, with her oldest daughter's 10th birthday party (Harry Potter themed), a visit to the local hot springs for an outdoor swim in 35 deg. weather, and a trip to a nearby sledding hill for my girls first real sledding experience. It was so much fun. For my niece's party, I dressed up as Prof. McGonagall...and I told her that she'd better realize that she's one of the few people on the planet that I would "age" myself for. YIKES!!

It was great to see my BIL, as he will be leaving for parts unnamed (he'd have to kill you) in the next month, and to reconnect with my sister's absolutely fabulous group of friends. They are such wonderful welcoming people. You've got to love a crowd of parents who dresses up for the Harry Potter party, even if they weren't actually asked to.

Now it's back to our life in the land of sog. It's always a mixed blessing to come home, and resume the routines of work and school.

Take care all








Hot Cocoa Tailgate Party


Floating Family


The Weird Sisters (aka Professors McGonagall and Trelawny)

No comments: