Here it is...the new government warning label for people considering having children...
Parenting makes you puke.
Now hear me out and I'll explain, especially for those of you without kids, or who haven't been around small kids for a long time.
As a young adult, you can literally go for years, even a decade, without vomiting. This is the beauty period where your immune system is strong and has tackled most common GI bugs, and hopefully you are smart enough to recognize your limit in a bar.
Then, one day, you decide to become a parent.
For Mom, the trouble can start right away, with the obvious problem of morning sickness...but really, that's just the beginning.
Eventually, you will have an infant or child that is bringing home all kinds of fun germs; and since you are the person who holds the barf bowl, cleans the carpet and remakes the bed, you will get it.
I have thrown up more in the last 5 years, then I had for probably the previous 10, or maybe even 15 years.
And this weekend was another barf-fest.
The hell of it...the kids, with their young immune systems snap back quickly, while I am left reeling and weak for days.
Sometimes, being a parent blows.
No comments:
Post a Comment