Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Who are you? And where's my 5-year old?

Big doings here in the Am-Dram department (that's amateur dramatics, for those who don't watch much BBC America).

Kid 1.0 has been going to dance classes weekly all year long, and they are about to wrap up with their big recital on June 21; in the local civic auditorium, nonetheless. They got their costumes a few weeks ago, and today, were instructed to arrive at class with full hair-and-make-up for the in-class run through and photos.

I cannot believe this is my little girl. She looks so grown up! I struggled with the thought of putting make-up on a 5-year old, even though I know the reasoning—stage lights wash you out terribly. But, I think with the colors we chose and a light hand, she hasn't quite tripped into the Britney Spears zone yet (please, God, never...)

When I get her photos back from class, I'll be sure to share those too.

But wait, there's more...



Not to be outdone by her big sister, baby 2.0 showed her prowess with sand spade in our wonderful pumpkin-shaped sand box the other day. I attach video here for your amusement.

I think I'll be submitting a cut of this to America's Funniest Home Videos!

No comments: