Basically, I've been working my tail off, and at the end of the day, when the kiddos are in bed, I've not been particularly motivated to interface with a computer yet again.
So, here's a little recap of what has been happening for the last month.
Both kiddos are swimming weekly, as they always do. Kid 1.0 is continuing to develop rudimentary strokes, and Baby 2.0 is getting more comfortable with "dips" underwater. She really hates back-floating though, just like her big sis at this age. Tom swims with her most of the time now, which is nice for me because I can sit back and watch both girls.
K1.0 has had a week of Dance Camp and a week of Preschool Pals camp. On Fridays, she is taking a Tiny Tigers martial arts class through parks-n-rec. She really seems to like it.
We have also had playdates with preschool friends nearly every week and Mary P. (nanny) has been taking both girls to a weekly outdoor children's concert at the local library.
Fun fun fun! I only wish I could get in on more of it, rather than having to knuckle down at work.
Tom is in Toronto this week for his big presentation. We set up Webcams, and have been doing video calls with the girls every night before bed. Now, when B2.0 sees my laptop, she says "Hi Daddy".
Which reminds me, B2.0's vocabularly is in full-ahead mode. She is adding words and short phrases every day. The cutest thing she says right now is "how 'bou..." followed with the name of an object she wants or a non-verbal indication. I'm sure that's because I ask her "how about this book?", or "how about ham?"...and so it is now a regular preface to about half her requests. She is also absolutely nuts about shoes. When she wakes up in the morning, the first thing she says is "shoes on?" And she is now getting specific, requesting sandals, Crocs or whatever. When we are in the ante-room of K1.0's Tiny Tigers class, she goes from mom to mom trying on the shoes that their kids have left outside of the class.
I am teaching her to say "how 'bou Manolo Blahnik?"
K1.0 is such an amazing little person right now. ..she is smart and funny—alternating with sassy sassy sassy. We are gearing up for her start at "real" school this fall. We headed off to Staples the other day with the supply list from the school's Website to get her all set. I know, it's early, but around here, if you don't hit things like that early, the selection dwindles very quickly. I'm also doing clothing shopping, and thanks to the things I sell at consignment stores when B2.0 outgrows them, I've been able to set K1.0 up with some nice things for very little green....reduce, reuse, save a bundle!
Now, we just need to get her tying her own shoes.
As for me, for the last couple months, I've been working out 2x/wk with a personal training. I had simply come to a point where I was sick of being a blob, and having the accountability of the appointment and the motivation of the investment has really worked for me. I had a fitness evaluation last week, and have lost...
...drum roll please...
...over 20 inches total; and 7 lbs without "dieting"! (thank you very much!)
That success was the motivation I needed to finally start a real "diet" and work toward dropping my art-school weight—I had it before I had babies...pretty pitiful. So, I am working toward a more healthful and fabulous self when I turn 40 (which is just around the corner OMG!!!).
So, I guess that's really what is going on for us. When Tom gets back from Toronto, we are going to be doing some tourist-in-our-town days, where he takes a day off, and we head to the zoo, or the aquarium, or some other fun thing during the week. Should make for some good times and maybe good stories to share.
Love to all!
Dance Camp class photo; K1.0 in bright pink

No comments:
Post a Comment