And I'm left feeling a bit odd about it. I mean, we haven't lived in the same state for 20 years. But we've always lived in the same time zone. Well, except 6 months of each of four years when she was in college, thanks to Arizona's rogue position on Daylight Saving Time.
And I'm feeling a little left behind. How goofy is that.
But I understand; totally, completely.
Meanwhile, she and her family are on a grand adventure. Maybe that's why I'm feeling left behind. Mundanity=insanity?
We lost our Mom this year. And while that was an enormous shake up, I wonder if it isn't the kind of change that makes me want to make other big ones. Or embrace my mundane life for its familiarity and comfort. Can't decide. Maybe I'll decide not to decide.
But I know one thing, I'm not sure I can leave basin-and-range land (or coastal range land, or foothills land). Because like M.C., I can't navigate for shit if I can't see a big mountain. And I'm not quite ready to lose my compass yet, having lost a touchstone earlier, and misplaced my ground to a new home far away.
No comments:
Post a Comment