And neither would I.
Let me explain.
Tonight was bring-a-friend night at Kid 1.0's tae kwon do class. And we did bring a friend, one of her school chums, who is the also the daughter of a close friend of mine.
Some of the other students conned, uh, asked, a parent to be their friend in class.
Somewhere along the line, one of the moms said "I give up, sir" to the Master; who then turned to the rest of us and basically said (with a Korean accent) "If one of you doesn't volunteer, I'll pick."
At the urging of my child, and her friend, I volunteered.
Dumb.
We were doing relays. I had to do 20 snap-front kicks, then do large frog hops all the way across the mat and run back. I was in the Master's line, and he was holding the striking target...so no pressure.
I did fine on the kicks — my Christmas red toe-nails looked very nice flying through the air — then came the frog jumps.
I squatted....I jumped....I landed....I overbalanced....I fell flat on my ass on the mat at the Master's feet.
I think all that's bruised is my pride; but I took a couple of Advil when I got home, just in case.
Next time, I'll sign Tom up for Bring-A-Friend night.
Oh, and Kid 1.0 got her Yellow Belt, too.
Kid 1.0 power punching in her new belt.
No comments:
Post a Comment