Baby 2.0 had her 1 year well-baby appointment today. Stats are:
Height: 29 1/2 in. (65%)
Weight: 20 lb 8 oz (40%)
The doc says genetics have taken over, and she'll be smaller now (comparing percentiles), as opposed to her "baby Huey" phase earlier on, when she was fresh from feasting on bon-bons in the womb (yes, that's how the peditrician described it).
He thought she was so cute that he offered to take her home for awhile, then told me he thought she'd probably be a fairly strong-willed woman, to which I replied "she comes by that naturally."
Of course, there were shots, which were not so bad, and a toe-prick for a hematocrit test (standard), which bled all over the place. I came home looking like I'd been killing chickens or something I had so much blood on my jeans. But she survived it, and seems none the worse for the wear.
Happy new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment