It's been so long since I've been here, I hardly know where to start.
Rose City Sisters...
This weekend...we laughed...we cried (OK, I was the only one that teared up)...we hurled (OK, not really)...but our girls' weekend in Portland was superlative!
Thanks to Sis, T. and J. for letting me hang out with the Tribe. It was spas, and shopping, a visit to the ultimate Powells Books, good wine, good company, and staying up late (but not too late) then sleeping in! What bliss. You ladies are all that and a bag o' chips!
The next time you are looking for a great weekend in the Rose City, we can whole-heartedly recommend the Avalon Spa and Hotel. The rooms were well appointed and a very good value for what we got. The service was impecable, the spa veeeery nice, and there was a great restaurant on the premises, Aquariva (thanks out to George and Amity for a wonderful meal). I can still taste the gorgonzola from the cheese appetizer we had—mmmmm good!
but wait, there's more...
There goes the neighborhood
Two Fridays ago (the 4th, I think), in the morning, I heard "whoop-whoooop" (police siren), while I was fixing breakfast for the girls. I figured it was a cop pulling over a speeder on the street behind our house, so I didn't make much of it. However, when Tom left for work, he called to say that there were 3 cruisers in the cul de sac next to us. The neighbor across the street called a little while later to ask a favor, but also to gossip, and told me she had heard the cops shouting "get down on the ground, NOW", in front of her house! YIKES! I looked out my kitchen window just about then to see 2 officers and a K-9 unit in the backyard of the house next door—WTF is goin' on!
The cops were there most of the morning. Later on a van pulled in next door and some plain-clothes guys entered the house.
The next morning, Saturday, Tom and I watched a few "alternative" looking characters hustling stuff out of the back door of the house to a moving van in the driveway...and by the looks of it, we guessed the cops had busted a hydro-lab. We saw several more moving vans over the weekend.
Eventually, our suspisions were confirmed by another neighbor, who said she had asked the cops directly and that they had served a warrant for possession. Apparently, the interior of the house was trashed by the tenants (we didn't know they were renters), so the owner has a massive mess to clean up. This is a little sad to hear, because the folks who lived there before were good friends, and had worked hard on the house.
Now, there is a dumpster parked next door, the second this week, completely full of old carpeting, trashed furniture and other garbage.
I sure hope the next tenants are a nice family with kids.
but wait, there's more...
On the road again...
Tom headed out for San Jose again tonight. He'll be gone through Thurs, then home for 2 nights, then gone again. We are all getting just a little tired of this. He managed to power through my weekend away with the girls (kudos, babe) but we are all ready for this to be done for sure! If we make it to May, he shouldn't have to travel for a few months. I keep reminding myself the upside is the frequent flyer miles.
but wait, there's more
Colder than Iceland!?!?!?
The freaky weather continues! It was colder here this weekend than in Reykjavik. On Friday, it snowed 6 inches in our town—there was still some snow on the ground when I drove in on Sunday. What is up with that! Hard to believe we hit 80 degrees last Saturday.
but wait, there's more
Six Sentences on Paper
So, if you've looked at the sidebar (over there, on the right), you may have seen the link to Six Sentences, which is a really cool creative writing site. Anyway, the some of the 6S authors—including my SIL, Julie—are now featured in an actual real live book. If you haven't checked out the site, it's really intriguing. You might even decide to buy the book and support the site and its intrepid editor, Rob. Or, come up with your own 6S to submit...the rules are very simple and it's fun to do.
....and that's all folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment