I know, my birthday isn't actually for a few more days, but Tom will be away (again) so we decided to celebrate today.
I'm here to say that it couldn't have been better if I had planned out the entire day myself and actually had the plans followed by a trained army of minion squirrels (or something).
First let's talk about the weather—glorious—by any standards. Perfectly sunny, calm and 70-something degrees. I couldn't believe my good fortune when I awoke to the sunshine streaming in my window sometime around 10:30 this morning. You heard right, 10:30! Tom was so gracious as to let me sleep for 3 extra hours today; absolute bliss!
While Tom and Kid 1.0 headed to the local Wally-world to pick up a present for me, Baby 2.0 and I had a stroll around the neighborhood, enjoying the sunshine, smelling the flowers, eating the rocks, etc. B2.0 went down for her nap about the time that Tom and K1.0 got home. K1.0 headed to the backyard, where she picked me a beautiful bouquet of grape hyacinths, dandilions, and daffodils (I think she stripped the yard). We had lunch, then Tom mowed the grass while I fed B2.0 after she got up.
After opening up my present, a really cool paper-cutting gadget called a Cricut, we headed to the beach to play in the sun and explore. There were so many people there enjoying the day in so many ways; Baby 2.0 was just totally overwhelemed with it all. Kid 1.0 and Tom were picking up shells, barnacles, crabs and all kinds of stuff from the rocks exposed by the low-tide. B2.0 and I were looking at the rocks, and the kites and the dogs, and everything, and she was just chattering away about it all in her own language.
After about an hour at the beach, we went to dinner at a seafood restaurant near there. Everyone was in a great mood, our server was fantastic, the food was great— I'd have to give it a 9 out of 10.
In short, today was probably my best birthday celebration since I've had children, and I owe a big thanks to hubby and the kids for a great day!
THANK YOU!
1 comment:
I am so happy that you got the day that you deserved! Happy Birthday cuz...I hope your real birthday is just as good.
Post a Comment