We are so excited. After nearly 3 weeks of snow on the ground, 5 extra days without school and the "puke" bug, it's time to return to our normal routine...or is it?
It's snowing again tonight(!) and it seems to be sticking, despite the reassurances of the local forecasters. I called our nanny, AKA Mary P., and she already had 2 inches at her place, and that was several hours ago. She lives on a steep hill.
So, maybe one more snow day tomorrow. I really hope not though.
(sigh)
Anyway, Tom and I had a great New Year's Eve celebration. We started with a fantastic dinner (local fresh oysters, quail for me, bouillabaisse for him, with key lime pie [me] and cheesecake), then walked 7 or 8 blocks to our evening event, the taping of the NPR radio quiz show. It was really fun to watch, if for no other reason than to put faces to the voices we've been listening to for a long time. They taped two shows back to back, so we were there for about 3 hours, and it was a most enjoyable experience. A very brisk walk back to the car, and then we were home before the looneys were released from the bars—perfect timing as far as I'm concerned. We watched the fireworks at midnight from the safety of our family room TV.
So, happy 2009! Let's hope it beats the hell out of 2008.
Love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment