Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's been too long

Sorry for the absence, but life is what happens when you are making other plans. Everyone has taken turns being sick (and I'm next on the microbe-go-round, I'm sure). Tom is traveling a lot for work, and I'm working up a Web site for a freelance client, so my free time is non-existent.

So, I'll catch you up a little on the mundane happenings around here.

On the 10th, I registered kid 1.0 for kindergarten at the elementary school. I cannot believe I have parented for nearly 5 years, and both of us have survived it.

Baby 2.0 is trying so hard to talk. We get "kack kack" for duck and "baaa" for ball, or balloon, or book (it's all about context). She is expanding her sign language vocab. though and that is helpful. She has a well-baby appointment at the end of this month, and I'm interested to see what her growth has been. It has slowed considerably, but that is to be expected at this point.

We celebrated St. Patty's Day (being slightly more Irish than we are Chinese) with the corned beef dinner sans cabbage in our house. Mary P., the nanny, had the house covered in green shamrocks, and Lucky O'Leprachaun visited kid 1.0 and left trinkets and notes for her all over the house during her naps. This is the second year that Lucky made the rounds, and kid 1.0 was so excited she could hardly stand it. Mary P. never misses a holiday as a gift-giving opportunity for the girls, so she also presented them with matching St. Patty's day outfits; hand-made dress-up skirts and shirts with shamrocks, including a tiny skirt for kid 1.0's baby doll, Leah.

Tom is going to present at a big Agile PM conference in Chicago in April, so he's been spending a lot of spare time crafting and polishing his presentations. It's a real feather in his cap, especially since he got invited to do two presentations at the conference. The downside, he'll be in Chi for my birthday, but oh well. It's only 39— I'd be more upset if it were the big 4-0.

We'll be heading off to church on Easter Sunday, then to a friend's 5th annual egg hunt and potluck, which is always fun. Baby 2.0 now has her first pair of real shoes (Stride Rites, of course) so it will be really great to watch her toddle around in the grass after the eggs, if we don't get rained out too badly.

I'll be sure to attach pictures of that fun!

Have a happy Easter.

No comments: